Not so Profit Shares. A look 20 year look at For Profit Education | $COCO $APOL $DV $EDMC
|Corinthian Colleges 20 year
With the for profit education sector buzzing as earnings season kicked off with Apollo Group cutting guidance we felt the need to share a few 20 year charts……
What we found interesting about for profit education company share performance is all shares took off around 1995 and gained 25 to 30x in value before collapsing to their present values.
Both Apollo and Corinthian shares topped out in the late spring of 2004. Shares of $COCO fell from had a comical 20 year journey from 2.66 a share to 39.19 a share back to 2.66 a share today. The pump then the dump.
|APOL 20 year|
APOL shares rose from .85c to 93.01 a share before falling to 20.94 today. Decent return.
|EDMC – 4 year|
$EDMC was listed in october of 2009 trading up to 26.98 before collapsing to 4.51 today. The 2012 low was 2.84.
|DeVry 20 year|
$DV moved from 2.59 to 74.36 before falling to the 25.24 today. Still a nice 20 year return.
Popular HedgeBz Posts
- Chicago-Based Asset Manager Citadel Closing #Apogee Dark…
- Mia Khalifa Hints ‘Rake’ aka #Drake Sent Her A…
- Russian Tycoon Sergey Polonsky to Sue 20th Century Fox for…
- Japanese Yen: The Next Currency Set to Fail
- Rethinking Europe’s Deflation Dilemma
- Coffee Lowers Liver Cancer Risk, Booze & Obesity Raise…
- Retired Army Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn: Obama’s Middle…