Bill Ackman: Reformed Fannie, Freddie only way to preserve 30-yr
In an interview with Bloomberg’s Stephanie Ruhle live from the Sohn conference today, Pershing Square’s Bill Ackman said, it is possible he would work with Carl Icahn on a future deal.
Bill Ackman, who runs the $15 billion Pershing Square Capital Management LP, talks about his investment in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Ackman, speaking with Stephanie Ruhle on the sidelines of the 19th annual Sohn Investment Conference in New York, also comments on Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc.’s offer to buy Allergan Inc. and shareholder activism.
– 30-year fixed mortgage bedrock of housing system
– Fannie, Freddie should go back to guaranteeing mortgages
– Reformed Fannie, Freddie only way to preserve 30-yr
– AIG, Citi Playbook should apply at Freddie, Fannie.
– Pershing Sq. not lobbying on Freddie, Fannie.
– No ‘viable alternatives’ to Fannie, Freddie.
– Allergan should sit down with Valent for talks
– Likes exiting target CEO Steinhafel ‘a lot’, is a ‘talented guy.’
Ackman: No Viable Alternatives to Fannie & Freddie:
Further Video -> Ackman: I Think I Would Work With Icahn
source: Blomberg Television