IMF’s Lagarde to Keene: “We are facing serious clouds on the horizon”
In an interview with Bloomberg’s Tom Keene at the International Monetary Fund’s Headquarters in Washington D.C., IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde said the world still faces serious clouds on the horizon., “We are facing serious clouds on the horizon; we have a lot of uncertainty…we are revising potential growth.”
Lagarde also said:
- – She’s still concerned about global economy.
- – Concerned about pace of world growth “which is why I talked about the new mediocrity”
- – IMF is watching markets with a lot of hesitation.
- – IMF monitoring buoyant markets, weak economies.
- – U.S. is clearly one of the bright spots.
- – U.S. still needs to invest in infrastructure.
- – Sees infrastructure bottlenecks in emerging markets, India.
- – World seeing FX readjustment tied to economies.
- – Dollar, Euro adjusting to relative Growth rates.
source: Bloomberg Television
More of Lagarde:
Lagarde: Facing Serious Clouds on Horizon http://bloom.bg/1vAQ1kE
Lagarde: IMF Can’t Finance Hospitals, Others Can http://bloom.bg/1vAPYFA
Lagarde: U.S. Clearly One of the Bright Spots http://bloom.bg/1vdr78t