Dallas Fed’s Richard Fisher: We’ve given the markets too much Ritalin; It’s Very Dangerous to `Tamper’ With Fed
In an interview with Bloomberg’s Michael McKee, Stephanie Ruhle and Matthew Miller, Dallas Federal Reserve President and CEO, Richard Fisher said:
– FOMC statement made policy more state-contingent.
– FOMC has ‘neutered’ the considerable period time term.
– We’ve given the markets too much Ritalin.
– We need to have a fiscal partner.
– I’m uncomfortable when Congress tells us what to do.
– If we wait until inflation shows up, it may be too late.
– Waiting too long to raise rates could force a recession.
source: Bloomberg Television