The global online event ticketing market size is expected to reach USD 67.99 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., exhibiting a 4.8% CAGR during the forecast period. Growing demand for online ticketing can be attributed to increased Internet accessibility and overall hassle-free experience in booking processes.
Event ticketing processes have witnessed a paradigm shift from traditional booking of tickets at event venue counters to purchasing tickets in advance from the comfort of one’s home. Over the years, booking of tickets through smartphones and tablets has gained immense popularity on account of the perceived ease and flexibility of the procedure and user-friendly, attractive mobile interfaces developed by service providers.
Major ticketing vendors are focusing on providing mobile applications and making websites customer-friendly to facilitate quick and easy ticketing transactions. Such applications enable customers to access all types of information about the event, ticket pricing, seating layouts, and other relevant information.
On account of intensifying competition in the online ticketing industry, service providers are vying to secure long-term contracts with theatres, production houses, sports authorities, and local event organizers in order to ensure sustainability. Promotion of movies, sports tournaments, music concerts, and stand-up comedy shows on the websites of service providers forms a sizeable portion of their revenue.
Uncertainties associated with online booking of tickets are high as demand fluctuates based on the popularity of the event. In case of movies, the stage of lifecycle a movie has reached plays a pivotal role in demand for online booking. To elaborate, 2-3 weeks after a film’s release, patrons prefer purchasing tickets at the counter instead of paying additional surcharge fees since movie halls are comparatively less crowded during that time.
Browse full research report with TOC on “Online Event Ticketing Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Platform (Desktop, Mobile), By Event Type (Sports, Music & Other Live Shows, Movies), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 – 2025“ at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/online-event-ticketing-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Mobile applications are expected to surpass the traditional Internet platform for online movie booking services by 2019, which can be attributed to increased penetration of smartphones and improved connectivity through affordable 3G and 4G LTE Internet packs
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period due to increasing penetration of Internet and smart devices
- Increased disposable income is resulting in a rise in discretionary spending on entertainment and leisure. Moreover, movies account for a major part of the entertainment sector, which may catapult demand over the coming years
- Increasing movie releases worldwide is also expected to drive online movie booking services
- Venue owners and concert organizers across the globe are selling VIP packages, including premium food and beverages, backstage access, preferred seats, and VIP restrooms, which is expected to increase market growth.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Team Collaboration Software Market – Increasing smartphone penetration on a global level are expected to be the key factors driving the team collaboration software market growth over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global online event ticketing market on the basis of platform, event type, and region:
- Online Event Ticketing Platform Outlook (USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Online Event Ticketing Event Type Outlook (USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Music & Other Live Shows
- Online Event Ticketing Regional Outlook (USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, The Grand Library, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.
Read on The Source