More than half of Americans think President Donald Trump needs to be tougher on Russia, according to the results of a new poll.
Key findings in the Fox News survey published Thursday:
- 53 percent said Trump is not being tough enough on Russia, 5 percent said he is too tough, and 35 percent said his pressure on America’s Cold War foe is “about right.”
- 59 percent said Trump should meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin. The two leaders are scheduled to meet in Helsinki on Monday.
- 54 percent disapprove of how the Trump administration is handling the investigations of Russia’s meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.
- 48 percent approve of special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation, down from 55 percent in June.
- 55 percent would like to see Mueller “take your time, do it right” regarding his investigation, which is looking at Russian involvement in the election and whether the Trump campaign had improper ties to Russia.
- 34 percent would like Mueller to “wrap it up already.”
- Trump’s approval rating is at 46 percent, up from 45 percent in June.
It is not yet clear when Mueller’s investigation will conclude. Trump’s legal team has been in contact with Mueller’s team for months about the possibility of Trump speaking with investigators. No agreement has been struck between the parties.
Read on The Source