China commerce ministry declines to comment on whether Qualcomm deal approved

BEIJING (Reuters) – China’s commerce ministry declined on Thursday to comment on whether or not Qualcomm Inc’s (QCOM.O) deal to buy NXP Semiconductors (NXPI.O) had been approved, after a deadline for approving the deal passed without an announcement, and with Qualcomm having said it would drop its bid for the Dutch firm.

The ministry also said during a press briefing that the matter was an anti-monopoly issue and not related to U.S.-China trade frictions.

Reporting by Elias Glenn; Editing by Shri Navaratnam

Read Entire Article On Reuters

Share:

Author: HEDGE

Hedge Accordingly was founded ahead of the global financial crisis in January of 2008, with the goal of providing our readers our unique take on The Latest News on Wall Street, Stocks, #Politics and Business news. Hedge Accordingly produces both original, and aggregated #Wallst news content from top publishers around the world. We curate aggregated content covering the latest news on politics, stocks, wall street, and the tech industry. We also provide free stock charting, quotes and a bitcoin, forex and currency exchange. Learn More About HEDGEaccordingly.com