Bill O’Reilly is pouring cold water on the new poll that claims a plurality of Republicans think President Donald Trump should have the power to close down media outlets.
According to the Ipsos poll:
- 43 percent of Republicans believe the president should have the authority to close news outlets engaged in bad behavior.
- 36 percent of Republicans disagreed with the statement.
- 48 percent of Republicans said the media is the enemy of the people.
- 28 percent of Republicans disagreed with the statement.
- 79 percent of Republicans think the media treats Trump unfairly.
“There are Americans who don’t want to hear opinions other than their own,” O’Reilly said. “I put the number at about 35 percent, maybe 40 percent at this point . . . on both sides, they don’t want to hear anything other than ‘what we believe,’ and if you say something ‘we don’t like you.’
“So, that’s a growing part of the country, and it’s based upon intolerance, bitterness, that kind of thing. But any sane person in this country knows that we can’t have a dictator in the White House shutting down press organizations he or she doesn’t like. I mean, that’s insane.
“So, I don’t believe the poll, but I do believe there are people who don’t want to hear opposite opinions.”
O’Reilly is the author of “Killing England: The Brutal Struggle for American Independence,” written with Martin Dugard and published by Henry Holt.
Read on The Source