BATAVIA, Ill., Aug. 9, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — As part of the company’s aggressive growth initiative, ALDI is pleased to announce a new product expansion to deliver more of the fresh products customers want most. With an emphasis on fresh, organic and easy-to-prepare options, 20 percent of products in every ALDI store will be new compared to last year.
With more than 1,800 stores across the country, ALDI is in the midst of an accelerated growth plan, investing more than $5 billion to remodel and expand its store count to 2,500 by the end of 2022. ALDI is pleased to report the company is more than halfway through its remodel investment. The new ALDI store layout features additional refrigeration space to accommodate even more fresh, healthy and convenient products.
“The continued success of our store expansion and remodel initiatives has given us the opportunity to carefully select and introduce new products that satisfy our customers’ increasing preferences for fresh items, including organic meats, salad bowls, sliced fruits and gourmet cheeses,” said Jason Hart, CEO of ALDI U.S. “We know people lead busy lives, so we’re making it even easier for them to purchase everything on their shopping list at ALDI, while still saving money.”
The nationwide product rollout continues through early 2019. As part of the expansion, ALDI is increasing its fresh food selection by 40 percent with new items, including:
- Fresh and healthy:
- More ready-to-cook and organic fresh meats to make meal preparation easier, including organic chicken breasts and marinated cilantro lime chicken breasts
- Expanded produce selection, including veggie noodles and ready-to-eat sliced fruits, such as mango, pineapple and watermelon spears, and more organics
- The expanding Earth Grown line has new vegan and vegetarian options, such as kale and quinoa crunch burgers, and chickenless patties and tenders
- Expanded refrigeration offerings for grab-and-go convenience, including single-serve guacamole and organic hummus, plus fresh fruit and vegetable snack packs
- Newly added fresh organic salsa, antipasti salad, gourmet olives and calzones
- More drinks and refrigerated beverages, such as strawberry kefir and kombucha
- More easy-to-prepare meal starters, including quinoa bowls, premium pasta sauces and vegetarian options, like meatless hot dogs and sausages
- More baked goods, like white and whole wheat pita breads, sourdough loaves and gluten-free bagels
- With the addition of organic almond milk, coconut milk and a full range of lactose-free and soy milk, ALDI now offers one of the country’s largest selections of private-label milk alternatives
ALDI recently has received more than 300 product awards for its wines, cheeses and exclusive product lines. Recognized products include Little Journey premium baby essentials; SimplyNature products, which include many organic options and are free from more than 125 ingredients; liveGfree, a gluten-free brand that features pasta, snacks and baking mixes; Never Any! meats with no antibiotics, added hormones or animal byproducts; and Elevation bars and protein powders. Both the liveGfree and Never Any! lines recently earned the Good Housekeeping Seal, a prestigious symbol of quality assurance and one of America’s most trusted emblems.
ALDI also has been named one of America’s favorite grocery retailers and, for the eighth consecutive year, the Value Leader for grocery shoppers, according to a 2018 survey of U.S. consumers by Market Force Information®*.
ALDI offers easy online grocery ordering via Instacart in the Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas and Los Angeles metropolitan areas.
For more information about ALDI products, please visit aldi.us.
About ALDI U.S.
A leader in the grocery retailing industry since 1976, ALDI operates more than 1,800 U.S. stores in 35 states. More than 40 million customers each month benefit from the simple, streamlined approach ALDI brings to retailing. ALDI sells frequently purchased grocery and household items, primarily under its exclusive brands, which meet or exceed national name brands on taste and quality. ALDI also backs up its products with a Twice as Nice Guarantee: replacing the product AND offering a full refund. For more information about ALDI, visit aldi.us.
*According to annual surveys of U.S. consumers conducted from 2011 to 2018 by Market Force Information®
Read on The Source