Only 31 percent of American voters like President Donald Trump as a person, while 59 percent dislike him, a Quinnipiac University National Poll released Tuesday reveals.
“Not the kind of numbers that gets you a date to the prom — or helps your party as the midterm elections approach. Only one in three Americans ‘like’ President Donald Trump,” said Tim Malloy, the poll’s assistant director said.
The poll of 1,175 voters, conducted from Aug. 9-13, also found:
- American voters dislike President Trump’s policies by a 54 to 43 percent margin.
- Voters disapprove of the job Trump is doing, 54 to 41 percent.
- The Trump Administration is not doing enough to help the middle class, 58 to 38 percent say.
- Republicans say 80 to 16 percent that the administration is doing enough, and white men agree 51 to 45 percent. White voters with no college degree are divided: 46 percent say the administration is doing enough and 49 percent say it is not. Every other listed group says it’s not doing enough.
- 36 percent of voters say their personal financial situation has gotten better in the last two years, 17 percent say it is worse and 45 percent say it is the same.
- Trump does not treat people of color with the same amount of respect he affords white people, voters say 54 to 39 percent.
- Trump has emboldened people who hold racist beliefs to express those beliefs publicly, 54 to 37 percent say.
Read on The Source