Former Vice President Joe Biden leads President Donald Trump 44-37 percent in a possible 2020 showdown for the White House, a new Politico/Morning Consult poll reveals.
Here are some of the highlights from the poll released Wednesday:
- 78 percent of Republicans would cast their ballots for Trump, while 10 percent would vote for Biden.
- 80 percent of Democrats would vote for Biden, compared to 7 percent who would vote to re-elect the president.
- 43 percent approve of the job Trump is doing as president, while 52 percent disapprove.
- 31 percent say they believe Trump is honest, compared to 53 percent who say they do not.
- 49 percent say they believe former Playboy model Karen McDougal’s allegation that she had an affair with Trump before he became president, while 15 percent do not, and 36 percent had no opinion.
- 56 percent believe adult film star Stormy Daniels’ allegation she had an affair with Trump before he became president, while 14 percent do not, and 29 percent had no opinion.
- 31 percent say the U.S. has benefited less than out nations on free trade, while 26 percent say the country has benefitted the same as other nations, and 12 percent say the U.S. has benefitted more.
- 57 percent say they support Trump’s plan to provide about $12 billion in federal aid to farmers impacted by other nations retaliating against the U.S. tariffs, while are 26 percent are opposed.
The poll, conducted July 26-30, surveyed 1,993 voters. The full survey has a margin of error of plus or minus 2 percentage points.
Read on The Source