UN calls for probe into deadly Yemen migrant centre blaze

The UN on Tuesday called for a probe into a fire that killed dozens of migrants at a holding facility in Yemen’s capital, after Human Rights Watch said it was started by Houthi rebels. The rights group said the detainees — most of them Ethiopian — had been protesting against overcrowding on March 7 when camp guards rounded up hundreds of them in a hangar. They then fired “unidentified projectiles” into the building, it said. Footage of the aftermath, which AFP obtained from a survivor, showed dozens of charred bodies piled on top of one another and strewn across the ground. One person was he…

Read More

HEDGE accordingly